This programme is designed for anyone authorizing the retail sale of alcohol in licensed premises including;
Pubs, bars, hotels, restaurants, off-licenses, supermarkets, convenience stores, sports and social clubs, entertainment establishments, nightclubs, leisure parks and casinos.
The programme covers the syllabus set by Government to enable candidates to understand the law in relation to:
- The roles, responsibilities and functions of licensing authorities within the framework of the licensing objectives.
- The application process for a personal license.
- The role and legal responsibilities of the personal license holder, and the penalties relating to failure to comply with the law.
- The premises license.
- The content and purpose of operating schedules.
- The role and duties of the designated premises supervisor.
- Unauthorized licensable activities.
- Permitted temporary licensable activities.
- Rights of entry to licensed premises.
- Police powers with regard to suspension and closure of licensed premise.
- The specific prohibitions for the sale of alcohol.
- The strengths of alcoholic drinks, and the effects of alcohol on the human body.
- The protection of children from harm.
- The responsible retail sale of alcohol.
Course Programme 2019
- Thursday 18th April
- Thursday 13th June