The primary objective of the Business-Improvement Techniques (BIT) is to improve business performance as a whole. This can only be done by empowering the people who make up the organisation; this includes the top level management, middle management, team leaders and all other employees who will have a part to play in improving the performance of the business.
In order for businesses to improve performance, change within the workplace has to take place. The change starts with the BIT which will enable organisations to train their employees towards the competencies they will need to achieve this qualification.
BIT is intended to maximise your company profits and revenues by the elimination of waste and the creation of flow through the business by reducing cost and variation. It is also intended to improve responsiveness by making more effective use of people and physical assets.
This training will give your team the skills to identify and solve production problems using continuous improvement techniques, to develop their own SOP’s or SWI’s and develop and sustain their own 5s projects.
BIT can benefit both employers and employees in a variety of ways.
• improve business performance and help win contracts
• maximise company profits and revenues
• reduce costs, variation and waste
• assist with recruitment and retention
• boost employee morale and motivation
• demonstrate the quality of the workforce to existing and potential customers
• help reduce workplace accidents
• provide evidence of ability to do a particular job
• help improve career development/promotion chances
• give a sense of achievement
• be gained on the job
• be completed at a time and pace to suit
This training is delivered within the workplace.