It is imperative that clients learn basic food hygiene principles and are able to understand why food hygiene is so important to them as food handlers.
Food poisoning continually received attention from the media. The cost of food poisoning can be high and this can include prosecution, loss of business, loss of reputation and ultimately, possibly even the loss of life. Damage claims, fines or imprisonment can be the consequence of ignoring food hygiene principles so it makes sense to ensure that your food handlers are trained to the standard that legislation requires.
Anyone working in a catering or hospitality setting where food is prepared, cooked and served. Typical environments may include; pubs, hotels, restaurants, retail, contract catering, fast-food outlets, hospitals, care and nursing homes, schools, prisons and armed forces.
- Know the causes of food poisoning
- Know how to prevent food poisoning
- Be aware of the standards of personal hygiene required by food handlers
- Know how to use refrigerators and freezers
- Understand stock rotation
- Know how to dispose of waste food without causing problems
- Know the common pests found in food premises and how they can be controlled
- Understand cleaning procedures
- Understand how food legislation affects them
Course Programme 2019
“The tutor was informative – polite and helpful”
“Excellent and useful”