BS 7671:2018 will be released on 2nd July 2018 and Designers and installers of electrical installations will be required to comply fully to the 18th Edition from 1st January of 2019.
The 18th edition course is designed for practicing electricians, designers and electrical contractors and anyone else who would be reasonably required to have a working knowledge of BS 7671.
This 3-day electrical training course has been designed to enable the learners to gain familiarity with the layout, content, and application of BS 7671:2018 – 18th Edition Regulations.
This course ensures learners can demonstrate that they are conversant with latest industry guidelines regarding the designing, wiring and safe use and operation of electrical equipment and systems.
How and What You’ll Learn
This course is wholly classroom-based and is completed by way of an online two hours 60 question multiple choice open book exam.
The aim of this 3-day electrical training course is to gain familiarity with the layout, content, and application of the BS 7671: 2018 18th Edition Regulations.
- Scope, object and fundamental principles
- Assessment of general characteristics
- Protection for safety
- Selection and erection of equipment
- Inspection and testing
- Special installations or locations
Changes for 18th Edition are now expected and not limited to the following:
- Protection against overvoltages – Clause 443 is likely to be overhauled.
- Expanded definitions section
- Protection against fire – Chapter 42 will be updated with extra information and recommendations In the use of arc fault detection systems
- Electrical Embedded heating – Section 753 will be extended to include embedded electrical heating systems for surface heating and will include de-icing and frost prevention systems.
- Energy efficiency – There will be a new appendix covering energy efficiency
Courses Open To You Afterwards
From this course you could decide move on to one of our Inspection and Testing qualifications or maybe PAT Testing or Part P Building Regulations.
Designers and installers need to be able to show compliance with the new regulations from January 2019 and while there is no specific requirement to qualify it is the definitive confirmation of understanding.
For holders of previous versions of BS7671, there is no update examination. All candidates will be expected to complete the full 2-hour multiple choice examination. Holders of the 17th Edition BS7671 with Amendment 3, we can reduce the study time to 2 days to include the examination.
Programme dates for 2018 – 2019
- Wednesday 20th – Friday 22nd March – FULL
- Wednesday 10th – Friday 12th April – FULL
- Wednesday 1st – Friday 3rd May – FULL
- Tuesday 4th – Thursday 6th June
- Wednesday 10th – Friday 12th July
- Tuesday 6th – Thursday 8th August
This is a 3 day course from 9.00am – 4.00pm. The exam will be held on the last day, and normally starts at 2pm..