The Diploma in Principles of Management & Leadership is a concise qualification which gives an introduction to the basic skills, knowledge, and understanding required by today’s first line manager.
To gain a diploma, all units would need to be completed.
There are no formal entry requirements but delegates will normally be either practising or aspiring first line managers with the opportunity to meet the assessment demands and have a background that will enable them to benefit from the programme.
- Understanding the skills and qualities of effective leaders and first line managers
- Understanding and implementing effective performance management processes and practices to achieve objectives consistently
This programme is accredited by the Institute of Leadership & Management (ILM) and involves classroom delivery, coursework and assignments.
Benefits for individuals –
- Gain a range of key management skills
- Put new skills into practice in your own role
- Build your leadership capabilities
- Motivate and engage teams, manage relationships confidently
- Develop your leadership and management skills using your own knowledge, values and motivations
Benefits for employers –
- Effective and confident first-line managers
- Better relationships and communication in teams
- Measurable results: workplace-based assessment ensures new skills are effectively transferred to your business
Assessed by two work-based assignments.
Diploma = All units
Programme dates: 2019 – 2020
CMI 301 – Principles of Management & Leadership
- Monday 15th, Tuesday 16th & Wednesday 17th July 2019
CMI 302 – Manage a Team to Achieve Results
- Monday 2nd, Tuesday 3rd & Wednesday 24th September 2019
CMI 312 – Managing Daily Activities to Achieve Results
- Monday 30th September, Tuesday 1st & Wednesday 2nd October 2019
CMI 311 – Contributing to the Delivery of a Project
- Monday 11th, Tuesday 12th & Monday 25th November 2019
CMI 314 – Managing Budgets & Resources
- Monday 6th, Tuesday 7th & Monday 20th January 2020
CMI 318 – Managing Data and Information
- Monday 17th, Tuesday 18th February & Monday 2nd March 2020
CMI 305 – Building Stakeholder Relationships Using Effective Communication
- Monday 16, Tuesday 17th & Monday 30th March 2019
CMI 321 – Managing own Personal & Professional Development
- Monday 20th, Tuesday 21st April & Monday 5th May 2019
Please Note – Prior to attending the course, all delegates will need to attend an induction day as this will allow delegates to be enrolled onto the college and CMI systems and will then be able to access all the relevant information.
Please contact the Workforce Development Team on 01724 294040 or email firstname.lastname@example.org for further information.