On completion of the course the delegate will have the knowledge and skills needed to be able to enter, work and leave a confined space safely.
Any person who is required to enter a confined space.
On completion of the course, delegates will receive a Kingsway Training Ltd in-house certificate.
The following topics may be included in the half day session –
- Relevant current legislation
- Recognition of a confined space
- Hazards associated with confined spaces
- Oxygen deprivation & enrichment
- Assessment of confined spaces
- Immobilisation & isolation
- Access & egress
- PPE: eg harnesses & tripods
- Permit to work systems
- Lock off and tagging procedures
- Safe systems of work for entry into confined spaces
- Methods of communication
- ‘Standby Person’
- Emergency procedures
- Diseases & personal hygiene associated with confined spaces
- Awareness of the need for the periodic examinations of equipment