Learners involved in the movement and storage of goods can use this qualification to demonstrate the skills and knowledge needed for various logistics activities. Successful learners will:
- prove their ability to work effectively in areas including warehousing and storage, transport or freight forwarding
- achieve national standards set by Skills for Logistics, the Sector Skills Council
- meet the knowledge and competence requirement of the Intermediate/Foundation Apprenticeship in Warehousing and Storage.
Learners take two mandatory units covering health, safety, security and effective working relationships. Further credit comes from a wide range of optional units, covering activities including picking, processing, assembling and dispatching orders, and moving and handling goods and equipment.
- new or existing workers, particularly those with basic experience or understanding of the logistics industry
- apprentices working towards an Intermediate/Foundation Apprenticeship in Warehousing and Storage.
- Assessment done 1 to 1
- 2x observations (each approx. 1hr)
- Learner assignment book
- Normally delivered over three months (this can be altered to suit learner or client)
- Note: All observation is done with the learner carrying out their normal job
- Minimal impact on production.