Having to address attitude, behavioral or conflict issues in the workplace can be very hard, if not done effectively it can make things worse, cause unnecessary anger, resentment and potentially damage working relationships in and across teams.
It is a key skill and quality of effective and successful leadership at any level to be able to confront and challenge, to be able to negotiate and influence, and to be able to create win-win situations to minimise and diffuse conflict in the workplace.
This 1 day programme will help attendees to identify and pre-empt potential conflict situations, how to plan and carry out difficult conversations to address issues and concerns with others, and understand the value and importance of effective communication, assertive behavior and good problem solving and decision making skills.
Anyone who needs to address potential or actual conflict situations in the workplace, and would value practical support to help plan for those “difficult conversations” that sometimes are necessary to restore and sustain effective team working relationships, and address underperformance issues.
- What causes conflict in the workplace, how does it build up and show itself?
- Why some conflict is good and necessary
- The impact of negative conflict and attitude issues on individual, team and organisational performance
- Identifying situations and concerns that need addressing
- Planning and Carrying out a “difficult conversation”
- Practical tips and techniques to manage conflict effectively
Course Programme 2019 – 2020
- Thursday 11th July
- Monday 7 October
- Monday 6 January
- Monday 6 April
- Monday 6 July
This is NOT an assessed course. Delegates will receive a Workforce Development Training Certificate of Attendance