Have you recently been promoted to your first team leadership role?
Are you already a team leader but have found it hard to adapt to developing from being “one of the team” to having to “lead a team”, standing apart from team members and colleagues when required?
Do you need support to better understand the nature and role of a team leader?
Taking on your first team leadership role can be a big step change for some, it may mean having to develop a different way of working with people you were previously in a team with, it can be difficult to make that transition where you may have to review, discipline, train, set improvement objectives for those you are working with.
This 1 day course is for anyone who needs to effectively manage their transition into a team leader role or who may be aspiring team members wanting to understand and prepare themselves for future promotion and development.
- The nature, scope, role and responsibilities of a team leader
- Planning to assert yourself effectively with team members
- What does the “transition” mean for individual attendees in terms of challenges, opportunities, the impact on your leadership styles and skills
- Planning and maintaining team performance and good working relationships
- Personal development planning to plan, manage and review the transition back in the workplace
This is NOT an assessed course. Delegates will receive a Workforce Development Training Certificate of Attendance
Course Programme 2019
- Friday 1st March – FULL
- Thursday 6th June