Performing Manufacturing Operations (PMO) is a work-based NVQ and is designed to help operators progress within manufacturing operations.
The primary objective of the Performing Manufacturing Operation (PMO) NVQ is to contribute to the development of a skilled workforce as a whole. This can be done, where possible, by integrating the NVQ into the organisation’s models for personnel development and recognising the competence of the people who make up the workforce at all levels.
PMO is suitable for those seeking recognition of their competence in one or more of a wide variety of activities and offers maximum flexibility to meet the needs of workers engaged in performing manufacturing operations.
Benefits of the Qualification:
The Performing Manufacturing Operations benefits both employers and employees by offering a choice of assessment routes to suit the widest possible range of needs.
For employers the qualification can:
• assist with recruitment and retention
• boost employee morale and motivation
• increase productivity and reduce rework
• demonstrate the quality of the workforce to existing and potential customers
• help reduce workplace accidents.
For employees the qualification can:
• provide evidence of ability to do a particular job
• help improve career development/promotion chances
• give a sense of achievement
• be gained on the job
• be completed at a time and pace to suit.
Successful completion of the NVQ gains a nationally recognised certificate of competence which is of great value to the individual and shows a commitment to excellence from the employer.
The NVQ covers the areas of safety, quality and performance and should be completed within 12 weeks.
Full funding may be available for small to medium size companies with 250 personnel or less.
Call now to check if you are eligible for the funding – 01724 294040